THE IDEAS BEHIND DETOX DAY PROGRAM ARE:
- To give your body and mind a break and allow your body to heal itself as Nature intended.
- It gives your digestive system a rest from a constant intake of food, especially if you eat a lot of heavier foods such as meat and dairy.
- At the same time, it ensures that you are still nourished with juices made from fresh organic fruit and vegetables.
- Detox program allows you to step back from your normal diet for 1 day, to cleanse your palate and get back on the healthy eating track.
- You will find that by 'feeding' yourself with juices for a short time instead of refined sugar and processed foods you will actually stop craving these. You will also become more aware of what you are putting into your body and attentive to which foods truly make you feel good rather than relying on food stimulants.
- Healthier eating becomes easier when you add Detox day to your diet.
IT'S WORTH CONSIDERING DOING DETOX IF:
- you feel perpetually sluggish, day after day
- you notice digestive complaints such as bloating or slow-moving bowels
- your skin is not clear and glowing
- you have a few stubborn pounds to lose
- you are craving sugary foods or caffeine
WHAT TO DO DURING THE DETOX?
- 5 juices will be delivered to your door. Please drink them in any order every 2-3 hours or so. You can start whenever you want in the morning, there are no set times for each juice; however, the last juice should be consumed at least 2 hours before you go to bed.
- These 5 juices will keep you full and nourished; so you won’t need to eat anything although it is very important to drink lots of water. It is crucial to stay hydrated all day long. Drink a glass of water between every juice.
- Juices should be kept cold, preferably refrigerated, at all times. Because they have not been pasteurized and contain no preservatives, they are full of live enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
- It helps to wake up the digestive system if you start the day with a glass of water at room temperature. Even better if you put a few slices of lemon in it.
- You can drink as much green tea or herbal tea as you want. Black tea is not recommended.
- If possible try to rest up! Detox is a serious business for the body. DO NOT work out and AVOID any high-intense physical activities during Detox Day.
As the body tries to get accustomed to this new and healthy diet, it will give out some detox symptoms. If you feel tired or any headache (usually due to caffeine withdrawal) or a little dizzy, don’t worry, these are all very normal. Because your body is getting rid of the toxins faster than usual, these symptoms might occur. To slow down the process, try to drink a lot of water and rest up. If symptoms do not go away please stop the cleanse and consult your doctor.
WHAT DOES "DETOX" MEAN?
Short for detoxification, the term for decades was used almost exclusively to refer to the process of withdrawal from alcohol or drugs. But juice detox is something else. It isn’t the quick fix it claims to be. The human body is a marvelously efficient detoxing machine: the liver acts as your body's primary filter, digesting food and ridding the body of toxic substances; your kidneys also filter out toxins, via your urine. Those organs act in concert with the immune system to keep you well.
Our juices just help the machine to run optimally in addition to healthful eating, sleep, and exercise habits.
There’s no evidence that a special detox diet or fast can take the place of what your own body is naturally programmed to do.